Estonian Geoinformatics Society (ESTGIS) was established on 30.09.2010.
ESTGIS has 89 foundation members.
Management Board was elected by the members for 2 years.
ESTGIS is the NGO whose activity is regulated by the statutes of the society (available in Estonian).
ESTGIS activities are dedicated to the following fields:
- to rise the GI awareness in society and support the good reputation of the GIS field
- to support the development of the geoinformatics professional skills and education based on the labour market needs
- to support effective national and international co-operation and exchange of GIS/GI expertise and experience
- to support and contribute to the development of framework documents of Estonian geoinformatics, spatial data and geo infrastructure
- to contribute to the GI/GIS and related fields related development processes
- to rise the competitiveness of the field in the international level
- to protect the members common interests and rights